Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A visit with Alice

Today I went to a facility which houses people who can no longer live at home. You who visited Grandma and Grandma know of these places. Alice Holman resides in a Fountain Valley place, and she wants to go home but cannot walk. When I came in, she was asleep, but as I sat by her, she awakened, and of course, recognized me--despite being my third visit since we moved back to Socal. She asked about all of you, and so I took down our Christmas card which was at the top of her bulletin board and showed her each of you. She was delighted with the update and commented on your beautiful children and spouses (handsome, also). Alice's room was decorated with Valentines things, and Doug had made her a Bear at Build-a-Bear. (Doug recently had Open Hear Surgery, but is doing well enough to be the greeter in the Harbor Hills Ward---and he has stopped wearing his shaggy wig.)She pointed to the adoption papers, and said, "Now I have children." I reminded Alice of our many happy Christmas events at our home--even the time when out pipes backed up, and we had to call Roto-Rooter on Christmas Even. I also told her that each time we decorate for Christmas we take out the Holman's presents and remember our dear friends. We are so blessed in our lives! And we have been richly blessed in our friends. That's my first blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You did it!! That was a great post and I love remembering going to their house and looking at the trains and the 84 Olympic room. I will how you more tricks tomorrow:)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Susan,

I'm writing this on the remote chance that you can help me. My mother is an old friend of Alice Holman and hasn't heard from her since about Christmas 2014. I Googled her name and was led here. I know it's the same Alice since she lives in a facility in Fountain Valley.

Thanks for anything you can tell me - hoping this reaches you.

Bill Mac Iver
iverwill at gmail dot com

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home